Connection with the Community
The Director is the DAOES's chief spokesperson and shall plan and implement a District public relations program that will:
- Develop community understanding of school operation.
- Gather community attitudes and desires for DAOES.
- Secure adequate financial support for a sound educational program.
- Help the community feel a more direct responsibility for the quality of education provided by their schools.
- Earn the community's good will, respect, and confidence.
- Promote a genuine spirit of cooperation between the school and the community.
- Keep the news media provided with accurate information.
The public relations program should include:
- Regular news releases concerning District programs, policies, and activities, that will be sent to the news media.
- News conferences and interviews, as requested or needed. Individuals may speak for DAOES only with prior approval from the Director.
- Publications having a high quality of editorial content and effective format. All publications shall identify DAOES, school, department, or classroom and shall include the name of the Director, the Building Principal, and/or the author and the publication date.
- Other efforts that highlight DAOES's programs and activities.
CROSS REF.: 2:110 (Qualifications, Term, and Duties of Board Officers)
ADOPTED: June 16, 2011