TCD NATP Age and Educational Requirements
Age and Academic Requirements
Students must be at least 16 years of age and have completed at least 8 years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
Academic Performance Levels of Program:
- Mathematics: The state certification exam is written at a 9th Grade - 6 Month level (calculators are not permitted).
- Mathematics: The ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractional math is beneficial for students.
- Reading/Writing: The state certification exam is written at a 9th Grade - 6 Month level. The textbook is written at a 7th - 9th grade reading level.
- Science: Knowledge of Biology or anatomy is beneficial for students.
- Students must be able to speak and understand the English language.
Professional Skills of Program:
Certified Nursing Assistant students are also expected to effectively display the following attributes:
- Time Management
- Personal Motivation
- Problem-Solving Ability
- Ability to Work with Others
- Ability to Stay Organized
- Accepting of corrections/interventions
- Regard for regulations
- Empathy and compassion towards others