Connection with the Community
The Board President is the official spokesperson for the Board. The Director is the DAOES's chief spokesperson. The Director or designee shall plan and implement a District public relations program that will:
- Develop community understanding of school operation.
- Gather community attitudes and desires for DAOES.
- Secure adequate financial support for a sound educational program.
- Help the community feel a more direct responsibility for the quality of education provided by their schools.
- Earn the community's good will, respect, and confidence.
- Promote a genuine spirit of cooperation between the school and the community.
- Keep the news media accurately informed.
- Coordinate with the District Safety Coordinator to provide accurate and timely information to the appropriate individuals during an emergency.
The public relations program should include:
- Regular news releases concerning District programs, policies, activities, and special event management for distribution by, for example, posting on the District website, using social media platforms, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc., or sending to the news media.
- News conferences and interviews, as requested or needed. The Board President and Director will coordinate their respective media relations efforts. Individuals may speak with DAOES only with prior approval from the Director.
- Publications having a high quality of editorial content and effective format. All publications shall identify DAOES, school, department, or classroom and shall include the name of the Director, the Building Principal, and/or the author and the publication date.
- Other efforts that highlight DAOES's programs and activities.
CROSS REF.: 2:110 (Qualifications, Term, and Duties of Board Officers)
ADOPTED: June 18, 2020