Gifts to the System
The Board appreciates gifts from any education foundation, other entities, or individuals. All gifts must adhere to each of the following:
- Be accepted by the Board or, if less than $500.00 in value, the Director or designee. Individuals should obtain a pre-acceptance commitment before identifying DAOES, any school, or school program or activity as a beneficiary in any fundraising attempt, including without limitation, any Internet fundraising attempt.
- Be given without a stated purpose or with a purpose deemed by the party with authority to accept the gift to be compatible with the Board's educational objectives and policies.
- Be consistent with the DAOES mandate to provide equal educational and extracurricular opportunities to all students at Technology Center of DuPage as provided in Board policy 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities. State and federal laws require DAOES provide equal treatment for members of both sexes to educational programing, and extracurricular activities.and opportunities.
- Permit DAOES to maintain resource equity among its learning centers.
- Be viewpoint neutral. The Director or designee shall manage a process for the review and approval of donations involving the incorporation of messages into or placing messages upon school property.
- Comply with all laws applicable to DAOES including, without limitation, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Prevailing Wage Act, the Health/Life Safety Code for Public Schools, and all applicable procurement and bidding requirements.
DAOES will provide equal treatment to all individuals and entities seeking to donate money or a gift. Upon acceptance, all gifts become DAOES's property. The acceptance of a gift is not an endorsement by the Board, DAOES or school of any product, service, activity, or program. The method of recognition is determined by the party accepting the gift.
20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., Title IX of the Education Amendments implemented by 34 C.F.R. Part 106.
105 ILCS 5/16-1.
23 Ill.Admin.Code §200.40.
CROSS REF.: 4:60 (Purchases and Contracts), 4:150 (Facility Management and Building Programs), 6:10 (Educational Philosophy and Objectives), 6:210 (Instructional Materials), 7:10 (Equal Educational Opportunities)
ADOPTED: June 18, 2020