8:95 Parental Involvement
In order to assure collaborative relationships between students' families and DAOES, and to enable parents/guardians to become active partners in their children's education, the Director shall:
- Keep parents/guardians thoroughly informed about their child's school and education.
- Encourage parents/guardians to be involved in their child's school and education.
- Establish effective two-way communication between parents/guardians and DAOES.
- Seek input from parents/guardians on significant school-related issues.
- Inform parents/guardians on how they can assist their children's learning.
The Director shall periodically report to the School Board on the implementation of this policy.
CROSS REF.: 6:170 (Title I Programs), 6:250 (Community Resource Persons and Volunteers), 8:10 (Connection with the Community), 8:90 (Parent Organizations and Booster Clubs)
Adopted: May 16, 2019