Laurie A. Bartels, RN Diploma
Nursing Assistant Training Program – Instructor & Program Coordinator
Laurie Bartels joined the Nursing Assistant Training Program as an Instructor and Program Coordinator in August of 2018. She has 23 years of RN experience with specialties in Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, Surgery, Urology, Trauma, Intensive Care and Critical Care in hospital settings. She has worked as an Assistant Director of Nursing in long term setting and as a Lead RN in Illinois Department of Corrections.
Mrs. Bartels has 6 years of experience teaching high school students to become Nursing Assistants.
In addition to teaching, she is an on call Home Health RN for wound care, IV infusions and Heart Failure patients.
Mrs. Bartels has an additional 6 years of ancillary medical service. She worked as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Secretary and Medical Assistant prior to becoming an RN.
- Illinois Masonic Medical Center School of Nursing (RN Diploma)
- Illinois Department of Corrections Certified Corrections Nurse (CCRN)
- Illinois Department of Corrections Crisis Intervention Team Member
- Illinois Department of Corrections Emergency Response Team Member
- Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)
- Certified Urology Registered Nurse (CURN))
- Certified Registered Nurse of Infusion (CRNI)
- Illinois Department of Public Health Nursing Assistant Theory and Clinical Licensure Instructor
- Illinois Department of Public Health Nursing Assistant Program Coordinator
- American Heart Association Lead CPR Instructor
- ISBE Educator Licensure, CTE