On September 25, 2018 at 8:58 a.m., students and staff evacuated the Technology Center of DuPage in response to a fire alarm.
Our previous practices and drills proved invaluable because this time this was a real reason to evacuate the building. All students and staff were safe and unharmed. We are proud of the manner in which TCD students and staff responded to this situation. They responded as instructed—in the best interest of safety and quick evacuation.
The reason for the evacuation was the fire alarm went off due to a smoke detector in the auto body program area. The Addison Fire Department arrived shortly after the alarm and assessed the situation. The Fire Department determined that the building was safe at 9:16 a.m. and all students and staff reentered the building to resume their normal schedule. We believe that the reason for the alarm was an issue with a bad detector which will be assessed and replaced immediately.
Please contact the TCD Office if you have any questions or concerns at (630) 620-8770.
TCD Cosmetology Phase 2 students help prepare for the big night!